Its been a while since we have put any recipes up, but I know many of our Paleo Challengers are still at it. I (Kelly) have been searching for a way to increase my Calcium intake, and I found this most excellent kale recipe. I made it last night and it was so delicious I decided to share.
Even got the kids to eat it….(OK, I won’t lie, cheerleading was involved)
Zuppa Toscana from allrecipes.com
16 oz of smoked sausage (I just used breakfast sausage)
2 potatoes, chopped (I used 3 red potatoes, peels on)
3/4 cup chopped onion
6 slices bacon
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 cups kale – washed, dried, and shredded
2 tbsp chicken soup base
1 qt water
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Cook sausage in oven at 300 degrees (about 30 min). Cut lengthwise and then into 1/2 inch slices.
2. While thats cooking, cook bacon in saucepan. Remove bacon when cooked and saute onion in the grease until amost clear.
3. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute
4. Add chicken soup base, water, and potatoes and simmer 15 min.
5. Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale, and cream. Simmer 4 min and serve.
Workout of the Day
5 rounds of the following, with 3 min rest between rounds:
20 Pull ups
30 Push ups
40 Sit ups